Friday, April 29, 2022

Blog#11: In the Age of AI

THE AGE OF AI




Technology has grown tremendously today, and the things we use them for can sometimes be unbelievable, but they can also have pros and cons. One of the first things I thought about watching the video “In the age of AI" is home security and monitoring. Home security has most definitely advanced since it was created. I think about the security system in my house, and it is very tech-savvy. We have cameras all around the house; we can access the front door and the garage from our phones and even control the thermostat from one little app.

Don't get me wrong, these are all very good ways to make sure you keep your house safe but have cons. One thing that I have always thought about that is really scary is what happens if someone is able to gain access to our house by hacking into the app. How do we prevent something like this from happening, and what enforcements and protocols are put in place if it happens?


What really shocked me from this video that I was unaware of is that when we thought we were searching Google, Google was really searching us. That is really scary to think about because we all use the internet so often, and still, we never really know if someone is watching us, and I think what makes it even scarier is that this is just the beginning. Technology is going to continue to enhance.


We are watched all the time, and we don’t even realize it, from street cameras, license plate readers, and the internet. It’s weird to know that someone has this type of access to us, and we have to make sure we are keeping our guard up to keep ourselves safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog #12: Final Blog Post - The Impact of Technology

The Impact of Technology If I were to think about my digital footprint , I would have to say that it wouldn’t be a very big one because as t...